A delicious tzatziki dip done in three easy steps! Served with grilled meats, it brings your foodie experience to another level.
I know many people that travel to Greece only to taste the real tzatziki served with grilled pork or lamb. I am not kidding, ask any person the first word that comes to mind when they hear the word “Greece”. Tzatziki is one of the most popular ones.
The key to unbeatable tzatziki is the yoghurt. It has to be full-fat for sure. Do not be tempted to buy cheap “Greek-style yoghurt” crap. You will be disappointed. Spend some more money and get the real thing.
Good quality and fresh cucumber helps too. Do not peel it as you will loose all its nutritious benefits. Just wash it very well.
Depending how strong you want it, you may use 2-3 garlic cloves for 500 gr (18 oz) yoghurt. If you are planning on fighting some witches and vampires later, you can add some more. Don’t expect many kisses after that though…
- 500 gr (18 oz) full fat Greek yoghurt.
- 1 cucumber.
- 2-3 garlic cloves.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar.
- Wash the cucumber and grate it using the coarse side of a food grater. Take the grated pieces in your hands and squeeze them to remove as much water as possible. Set them in a bowl.
- Use the fine side of the grater and grate the garlic cloves. Add them to the bowl.
- Add the yoghurt to the bowl and stir well. Add the olive oil and vinegar, season with salt to taste and give it another good stir.
- Bon appetit!