An easy and fast recipe for chicken fillets stuffed with Italian sausage and wrapped in prosciutto di Parma. Tasty and stylish idea for a dinner party or a quick meal on a weekday.
Being a fan of food and cooking, I was watching a show the other day about amateur chefs cooking dinner for other amateur chefs too. There was this guy that used chicken fillets, stuffed them with ground beef and baked them in the oven. Interesting…
Why not making it more interesting by using sausage stuffing instead of beef? Especially if your butcher can provide you with a good quality one? Or, you can buy some good Italian sausages and empty them. That’s what I did.
Simple as that. I used some fresh thyme to bring more aroma in my little creation. You don’t necessarily need to use other spices and herbs as the sausage should already be full of them.
As a side dish, I quickly prepared some sautéed kale. Drop a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a pan and cook the kale for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Done. You may add some bacon cubes in there. I did!
- 4 chicken breast fillets.
- 200 gr (7 oz) Italian sausage stuffing.
- 12 Parma ham (prosciutto) slices.
- A bunch of fresh thyme.
- ⅓ cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt and ground pepper.
- Place a large piece of cling film on the kitchen bench. Add one chicken fillet and cover it with another piece of cling film. Use something heavy and flat (like the bottom of a saucepan) and hit the fillet hard several times so it flattens. Set aside and repeat with the rest of the fillets.
- In a bowl, add the sausage stuffing, the thyme and season well with salt and pepper. Knead the meat so all the ingredients mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius (360 F).
- Use a piece of greaseproof paper on the bench. Lay down 3 slices of Parma ham very close to each other. Place one chicken fillet on top. Add some of the stuffing close to the top and start rolling the fillets together with the ham slices. Repeat with the rest of fillets.
- Place the stuffed fillets in a tray, season with salt and pepper and pour in the olive oil. Cook at 180 degrees Celsius (360 F) for ~ 30 minutes.
- Serve the stuffed fillets with sautéed kale and roasted potatoes.
- Bon appetit!