A 15-minutes recipe for naughty quesadillas with chicken and bacon. They are easy, they are cheesy and it’s a great idea for a quick lunch using some chicken leftovers.
Sandwiches are a bless to human society. Everybody loves them! I heard that they were invented by an English lord or something, maybe I’m wrong.
The honest truth is that sometimes can be…well, boring. Especially when you are in a hurry and lack of ideas. That’s when quesadillas come into play.
These lovely Mexican “sandwiches” have conquered the world recently. They are so popular in the US and I understand why. The blend of melted cheese with meat (or not) in a crispy tortilla coming straight from the frying pan is unbeatable!
This recipe is a great opportunity to use chicken leftovers in a creative way. You may add some Mexican Salsa if you like and any cheesy you prefer. Be creative!
- 4 flour tortillas.
- 200 gr (7 oz) cooked chicken shredded.
- 100 gr (3.5 oz) bacon cubes or lardons.
- 1 red bell pepper chopped.
- 100 gr (3.5 oz) mature Cheddar grated.
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- Ground pepper.
- Start by frying the bacon cubes in a small frying pan on medium heat. Add the red peppers, season with pepper and cook the bacon to your liking.
- Add a bit of butter in a large frying pan on medium heat. You don't need much as the tortillas will become soggy. Place one tortilla in the pan and add the chicken, bacon, peppers and cheese in one side of the tortilla. Fold the other side to cover your mix and press it with a spatula.
- Fry for ~ 1 minute and flip the quesadilla. Let it cook for another minute and remove from the pan.
- Repeat with the next tortilla. If frying pan looks too dry, add a bit more of butter. Not much!
- Serve them hot with guacamole or yoghurt.
- Bon appetit!